The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties appointed by you.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to provide you with the goods or services you’ve sought from us;
- to make any third party referrals for the provision of goods and services in line with your request;
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications, data and social media platforms;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated services, applications and social media platforms;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. We do not collect such information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided herein.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details herein and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details herein or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Ascribe Engineering Pty Ltd, ABN 87 630 249 811
Last update: June 2019
Other Terms and Conditions
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights in all information, data, text, graphics, images, logos, trade marks and other materials on this website are the property of Ascribe Engineering Pty Ltd, ABN 87 630 249 811 or are included with the permission of the relevant owner.
No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or website.
You must not use any trade marks or logos which appear or are used on this website, nor do anything to prejudice the rights of the owner or licensee of such trade marks or logos.
Ascribe Engineering Pty Ltd, ABN 87 630 249 811 reserves all its rights to enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we, including any of our subsidiary companies and each of our respective officers, employees, agents, contractors, or agents, will not be liable or accept any responsibility whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, costs, losses, claims, expenses or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or relating to your access to, use, inability to use, change in content of this website or arising from any other website you access through a link from this website or from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of any electronic correspondence or messages you send us, or your reliance upon information contained upon this website.
To the extent permitted by law, Ascribe Engineering Pty Ltd does not accept any responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this web site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Any material on this website is subject to change without notice.
Ascribe Engineering Pty Ltd shall have no liability or any responsibility whatsoever for any loss suffered caused (whether negligently or otherwise) by viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property by reason of your use of, access to or downloading of any material from this website. If you choose to download material from this website you do so at your own risk.
No content on this website is inferred as or shall be taken as engineering advice.